Difference between revisions of "Projects/HackspaceBiscuits"
(Added projects category)
Latest revision as of 21:09, 28 February 2019
- 125 g butter
- 190 g flour
- 55 g caster sugar
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- (Optional) 50 g chocolate chips
- White and green fondant icing
Makes 12 biscuits.
- Soften the butter with 20 seconds in microwave.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ºC (Gas Mark 4).
- Cream together the butter and sugar, i.e. mix together to a scrambled-egg consistency
- Mix in the flour. Chocolate variant: put the bowl on the scales and tare, add 2 tbsp cocoa powder, then make up to 190 g with flour.
- (Optional) Add chocolate chips.
- Mix and compress the mixture until dough-like. It may not seem to be working at first - try squashing by hand.
- Roll out 1 cm thick and cut in circles with a standard round cookie cutter dia. 65-70 mm.
- Bake for 15 minutes, checking after 10 or so.
- Roll out white fondant icing very thin. Cut with the circular cutter and lay on biscuits.
- Roll out green fondant icing very thin. Cut with the custom logo cutter and apply over the white icing.
This produces a pleasant shortbread-like biscuit.
Print in PLA. Note: PLA is thought to be food-safe, you should be pretty safe cutting icing.
While it is possible to cut biscuits in the H-shaped Hackspace logo, it is difficult to get crisp edges and you end up with a slightly fragile biscuit. The best-looking results came from making a simple round biscuit and using two layers of icing to get the green-on-white logo effect.
- Plunger design of cutter to allow demoulding without marking the faces.
- Make the biscuits more interesting. Add chocolate chips? - DONE, it worked fine. Chocolate chips improve biscuits.