We moved into 2D Brighouse April 2019. It's twice the size of our old unit at 3D Brighouse (plus it has a storage mezzanine), and is in much better condition. Since moving into the space we have done a lot to improve the infrastructure of the space and the equipment in it.
Brighouse Business Village
Riverside Park Road
(Google Map Location)
Lat: 54.5878738 Long: -1.2546929
Plus code: HPQW+4X
- By road: Close to the A66, accessible from the Newport or Hartington roundabouts. Loads of parking, especially on an evening.
- By bike: The Industrial Estate (Riverside Park) has cycle paths allowing for safe and easy cycling, additionally between Newport bridge and the space is a gravel path along the River Tees suitable for cycling, turn into the estate at SK Foods. Note the path along the river is NOT lit on a night.
- By bus: The TR2 bus leaves from Middlesbrough bus station Stand 15 every 15 minutes and takes 4 minutes to arrive at Brighouse Business Village
- By rail: Approx 25 minute walk from Middlesbrough train station
- The River Tees runs close to the space and makes for a nice walk.
- Teessaurus Park is a <5 minute walk down the road. This may be a good spot for drone flying, please be respectful of other park users and respect the laws and the Drone Code.
- The nearest pub is probably the Isaac Wilson, but it's still a 25 minute walk.
The Hackspace is open to all each Tuesday on our Weekly Open Evenings. For updates, check Slack or our Facebook Page. For 24h access, once vouched for by an existing member, members can program an RFID tag from the members portal on the kiosk inside the space, .